Xerox Healthcare MFP 2.0
“Stat” is the term doctors and nurses use when they need something now. It also describes the immediate demand that healthcare providers have for the Xerox® Healthcare MFP 2.0.
The Xerox Healthcare MFP 2.0 helps providers meet HIPAA regulations for storing and sharing patient information with electronic health record (EHR) systems. It is engineered to meet the specific needs of all healthcare providers, but its sweet spot is small and medium size offices.
Electronic health records
Electronic health records (EHR) are taking the place of paper documents for recording and retrieving patient medical information. Using a tablet or notebook computer, providers can look up a patient’s complete medical history in an instant, see test results, procedures and prescriptions, look at x-rays and medical imaging, enter exam notes, order tests, imaging or prescriptions, and request/confirm authorizations and referrals. EHRs promise to improve healthcare and hold down costs through better coordination of care and eliminating duplicate tests and procedures.
But there’s a rub. There’s still a lot of paper arriving into healthcare providers’ offices every day.
- Documents arrive when patients come for office visits or when other providers send info by fax or mail.
- These documents must be scanned to the provider’s EHR system, often a multi-step process that requires optical character recognition, then individually navigating and categorizing patient files. This is a complex, error-prone process.
- When patient information needs to be shared with other providers, it’s often sent by trouble-prone, insecure fax.
Most importantly, EHRs must meet strict HIPAA standards for confidentiality.
Xerox Healthcare MFP 2.0 is the Simple Solution
The Xerox Healthcare MFP 2.0 solves these problems using secure, HIPAA-compliant software and the Kno2™ communication backbone that allows users to:
- Identify the patient based on name, date of birth, or patient ID.
- Store patient documents securely in the provider’s EHR system.
- Securely share protected medical information (PHI) with other healthcare providers.
What is the Xerox Healthcare MFP?
Components of the Healthcare MFP are:
- Any Xerox® VersaLink® MFP or AltaLink® MFP.
- The Healthcare MFP Accessory.
Setup is easy.
- Your analyst can install the Healthcare Accessory, and provide customer training, or
- A Xerox analyst can install the Healthcare MFP Accessory (not the MFP itself) and conduct customer training at one location.