Riverside Healthcare MFP Solution
As a healthcare provider in the Riverside area, you’re expected to protect patient information, maintain strict compliance with HIPAA regulations and deliver better experiences for an ever-changing patient population. The challenges of modern medicine in southern California demand more sophisticated solutions than traditional fax and paper processes.
The Kno2 Connected™ Xerox® Healthcare MFP (Multifunction Printer ) Solution is an innovative printer solution specifically engineered for healthcare in Riverside. Composed of an MFP, the Xerox® Share Patient Information App and Kno2 connection, it connects with EHR systems which allows you to securely share and store patient information digitally and appropriately coordinate care to reduce costs and improve your patient experience.
The Xerox Healthcare MFP Solution is an innovative printer solution specifically engineered for healthcare printing. Composed of an MFP, the Xerox® Share Patient Information App and Kno2 Healthcare Communication connection, it provides an on-ramp from your Healthcare MFP to EHR systems, allowing you to securely share and store patient information digitally and appropriately coordinate care to reduce costs and improve your patient experience.
Electronic Health Records
Electronic health records (EHR) are taking the place of paper documents for recording and retrieving patient medical information. Using a tablet or notebook computer, providers in the Riverside area can look up a patient’s complete medical history in an instant, see test results, procedures and prescriptions, look at x-rays and medical imaging, enter exam notes, order tests, imaging or prescriptions, and request/confirm authorizations and referrals. EHRs promise to improve healthcare and hold down costs through better coordination of care and eliminating duplicate tests and procedures.
But there’s a rub. There’s still a lot of paper arriving into healthcare providers’ offices in Riverside every day.
- Documents arrive when patients come for office visits or when other providers send info by fax or mail.
- These documents must be scanned to the provider’s EHR system, often a multi-step process that requires optical character recognition, then individually navigating and categorizing patient files. This is a complex, error-prone process.
- When patient information needs to be shared with other providers, it’s often sent by trouble-prone, insecure fax.
Most importantly, EHRs must meet strict HIPAA standards for confidentiality.
Xerox Healthcare MFP 2.0 is the Simple Solution
The Xerox Healthcare MFP 2.0 solves these problems for the providers in the Riverside area, using secure, HIPAA-compliant software and the Kno2™ communication backbone that allows users to:
- Identify the patient based on name, date of birth, or patient ID.
- Store patient documents securely in the provider’s EHR system.
- Securely share protected medical information (PHI) with other healthcare providers.